Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Bogie & Bacall - Together Again


September 16, 1924 - August 12, 2014

Today we mourn the loss of an icon. Lauren Bacall is gone at age 89. 

Lauren was first cast opposite her future husband, Humphrey Bogart, in Howard Hawks' To Have and Have Not in 1944. She continued working every decade thereafter and left her mark in Hollywood as a legend. You can't be a fan of Old Hollywood and not love Lauren Bacall. 


"She's a real Joe. You'll fall in love with her like everybody else."
-Humphrey Bogart


Bogie and Bacall with son Stephen 


"I am not a has-been. I am a will be."


"I think your whole life shows in your face and you should be proud of that."


"Was he tough? In a word, no. Bogey was truly a gentle soul."


With daughter Leslie, named after actor Leslie Howard


"I am still working, I've never stopped and, while my health holds out, I won't stop."

Rest in peace, dear Betty. I hope Bogie was there to welcome you with open arms.

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs